Hotels in Downtown Decatur
At our downtown Decatur hotels, accessibility isn’t just a feature; its a fundamental aspect of your experience. From the moment you arrive, you’ll find a seamless experience tailored to all guests.
Both Hampton Inn & Suites and Courtyard by Marriott Decatur Conference Center have accessible, stair-free entrances for a smooth journey right to the front desk as well as wheelchair-accessible parking and elevators. Service animals are warmly welcomed.
Whether you’re heading to the pool, fitness center, or business center, rest assured that they are all wheelchair-accessible, providing a hassle-free stay.
The Hampton Inn & Suites has has select rooms with accessible bathrooms with lowered fixtures and roll-in showers. Rooms have closed captioned TV and phone accessibility kits. For more information about physical features of accessible rooms, common areas or special services, contact the Hampton Inn & Suites.
The Courtyard by Marriott Decatur Conference Center has select mobility accessible rooms and bathrooms with roll-in showers, adjustable hand-held shower wands, bathtub seats, and transfer showers. Guest rooms have lowered deadbolts and viewports on self-closing doors, and have electronic room keys. Rooms have closed caption TV and are hearing accessible or have hearing accessible kits available. For more information about physical features of accessible rooms, common areas or special services, contact the contact Courtyard by Marriott Decatur Conference Center.
Parks + Playgrounds in Decatur, Georgia
Decatur’s newest and largest greenspace Legacy Park has a brand new, inclusive playground with climbing equipment, slides, tunnel, and a group swing! Universally-designed and sensory-rich, the playground goes beyond minimum accessibility standards to create a fun play experience for the widest possible array of physical and cognitive abilities. Enter at the south driveway to Legacy Park, 500 S. Columbia Drive. Turn right onto the main drive. The playground is located across from the Hyatt Cottage. There is parking near the cottages as well as near the administration building.
MARTA Bus and Rail Transit
Atlanta’s public transportation system, MARTA, provides accessible services across its network of rail and bus lines.
MARTA mobility guide: This includes information for how to utilize MARTA mobility services on its buses and trains. These services include personal assistance in identifying transportation options and planning for independent use.
MARTA mobility services: These include a complementary paratransit (alternative) service that operates within the same service area as regular fixed route bus and rail services. This guide also includes a fact sheet on riding with service animals.
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport provides details on accessible services at ATL.com/ADA including:
- Wheelchair assistance and support: Please contact the airline directly.
- TSA Cares: This provides information for travelers with disabilities, medical conditions and other special circumstances on how to contact TSA Cares regarding additional assistance on questions about policies and procedures at the security checkpoint.
- Sensory Room at Concourse F: This multisensory room provides a calming, supportive environment for customers on the autism spectrum.
- Ground Transportation: This includes options for passengers with disabilities to request special assistance, a wheelchair lift or ramp-equipped transportation.
- Bus, Rail Transportation and Airport Parking: There are options for passengers with accessibility needs.
- Restrooms: These include unisex restrooms for those needing assistance and the location for an adult changing table.
- Service Animal Relief Areas: Check here for information on where to locate relief areas for service animals throughout the airport.
- TTY/TDD Telephone Locations: These are located throughout the airport.